Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Am I the only person that wishes Valentine's Day never fell on a Monday?

In full disclosure...I am NOT in the dog house. I kept my wife (apparently) quite happy with a hand full of gas station roses. It's the thought that counts and and least I thought of it.

But Monday's just are not condusive to feeling romantic in my opinion.

My bone headed stunt for today? I shipped a phone order for B-L Pellets to the wrong place.

One of our regular online custumers called up last week to order a pail (actually to make sure she had not already ordered a pail). No problem I pulled up her address and confirmed it with her and the B-L went out on the very next truck...to the wrong person. We had two customers with the same name and I wasn't paying attention when I ran the label and shipped it to the wrong one. It wasn't even the same state.

The intended recipient called today to check on her order. It took me about 20 seconds to figure out I had screwed up.

Now, on a good day I would have had the opportunity to blame someone else. Maybe even give them a good butt-chewing. But no such luck. All me...All mine. I don't think another person touched the order from the time it was taken until it went on the truck.

Us humans are so inefficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment